Posted by stephen Posted on 9:16 PM
2. A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of the others. -Norman Shidle
3. Socrates: Let us examine the question together, my friend, and if you contradict anything that I say, do so, and I shall be persuaded. -Plato
4. The most successful decision makers follow a set of rules that helps them select the best alternatives under the circumstances. -Phillip Bransletter
5. None of us is as smart as all of us. -Anonymous
6. "Someone ought to do it, but why should I?" "Someone ought to do it, but why not I?" Between these two questions lies whole centuries of moral revolution. -Annie Besant
7. There is a big difference between hard work and teamwork. -Jim Lundy
8. We will never be better as a team than we are to each other. -Unknown
9. We didn’t come over in the same ship, but here we are in the same boat. -Unknown
10. How is it we can find time to do it over, but not the time to do it right initially? -Proverb
11. Build with your team a feeling of oneness, of dependence on one another, and of strength derived from unity in the pursuit of your objective.
12. We would rather have one man or woman working with us than three merely working for us.
13. We are born for cooperation, as are the feet, the hands, the eye-lids, and the upper and lower jaws. -Marcus Aurelius
14. Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, and working together is success.
15. You can buy someone’s time, you can buy someone’s physical presence at a given place; you can even buy a measured number of skilled muscular motions per hour or day. But you cannot buy enthusiasm; you cannot buy initiative, you cannot buy loyalty; you cannot buy devotion of hearts, minds, and souls. You have to earn these things. -Clarence Francis
16. All are but parts of one stupendous whole. -Alexander Pope
17. We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. -Ben Franklin
18. The keynote to progress in the 20th century is teamwork. -Dr. Charles H. Mayo
19. The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
-Norman Vincent Peale
20. You have to listen to adversaries and keep looking for that point beyond which it’s against their interests to keep on disagreeing or fighting. -Cyrus Vance
21. We are dependent on one another, every soul of us on earth. -George Bernard Shaw
22. A habit cannot be thrown out the window. It has to be coaxed down the stairs one step at a time. -Mark Twain
23. I asked "Why doesn’t somebody do something?" Then I realized, I was somebody. -Unknown
24. It is well to remember that the entire population of the universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. -John Andrew Holmes
25. I don’t believe in just ordering people to do things. You have to sort of grab an oar and row with them. -Harold Geneen
26. It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. Few burdens are heavy when everyone lifts. -Anonymous
28. It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance. -Thomas Huxley
29. Nothing ever succeeeds which exuberant spirits have not helped to produce. -Nietzsche
30. What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each other. -George Eliot