Updated for the 21st century this could mean:
- Bringing in a team of external consultants to focus on dead horse optimisation.
- Re-branding the dead horse a 'Fair Trade Horse', and affixing prominent Fair Trade insignia to its hind-quarters.
- Asking Richard Branson if he'd be interested in running a Virgin Dead Horse joint venture.
- Setting up an inquiry into the dead horse, preferably headed by a dead horse and answerable to other dead horses.
- Forming a task force to investigate the dead horse's positive benefits on social enterprise.
- Blaming the dead horse on the sub-prime credit crunch, thereby absolving (and enabling the obscenely generous rewarding of) those responsible for the decision to recruit an emaciated horse, starve it, and keep it in a frozen field (because the stables were sold to property developers years ago).
- Unmasking the dead horse to be in illegal immigrant, therefore author of its own misfortune, and to blame for a lot more than simply being dead on the job.